Add this page to your phone’s Home Screen!
Androids tap on the pop-up.
iPhones tap on the “Share” button at the bottom of your screen, then choose “Add to Home Screen.”
Resources for Teachers
Help your students navigate their way to a brighter future with these resources.
Career Exploration Tools and Videos
- How can I connect instruction with real career opportunities in my community? http://www.careerpathways-nm.com
- What careers might fit your students best? https://www.nmcareersolutions.com/vosnet/Default.aspx
- Want to be more informed to help your students make good choices about the future? Kevin Fleming provides an amazing overview about Success in the New Economy: https://vimeo.com/67277269
- Why should your students start career exploration long before picking a college or university to have success in the future? Kevin Fleming helps young people think about 4 skills and 4 steps that will help you think about the best path forward: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twWcxIfa2zo
- How do I get prepared for a job in the film industry? http://www.filmlascruces.com/get-a-job-in-film/
- Thanks to a wonderful partnership with KRWG, we were able to create stories and expert panels to discuss the rich opportunities available in several of our key industries:
- There’s an Abundance of Opportunities in Healthcare: https://www.krwg.org/post/fronteras-901-building-21st-century-workforce-healthcare
- The Sky’s the Limit in Aerospace: https://www.krwg.org/post/fronteras-902-building-21st-century-workforce-aerospace-industry
- Why is Career and Technical Education Important? https://www.krwg.org/post/fronteras-903-building-21st-century-workforce-career-technical-education
- STEM is Critical to the Nation’s Defense – White Sands Missile Range https://www.krwg.org/post/fronteras-904-building-21st-century-workforce-stem-skills
- Want to meet some real New Mexicans in some of the best jobs in our state? Learn about them and their stories here: https://careers2communities.com/story/all/
Understanding Educational Choices Locally and Nationally
- What career courses and training can help your students get higher-paying jobs? https://www.ed2go.com/dacc/
- Where is the best place to get the certification or degree your students will need? https://collegescorecard.ed.gov
- Students can get a head start on financial aid by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. You can find directions and the on-line form here: https://dacc.nmsu.edu/fa/fafsa/
- Doña Ana Community College (DACC) offers career-focused programs that range from certificates to associate degrees:
- DACC also offers a helpful career navigation tool: https://dacc.nmsu.edu/admissions/career-assessment/
- Shorter-term, career-specific training and work supports: https://dacc.nmsu.edu/ctp/
- One- to -two-year career certificates and degrees: http://dacc.nmsu.edu/programs-alpha/
- What on-line courses and certifications can help me secure a higher-paying job? https://dacc.nmsu.edu/online-programs/online-programas/
- What programs are available through DACC’s South County Branches: http://dacc.nmsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/LC-South-County-Curricula-Maps-7-28-17.pdf
- Once you find your path, you can get ahead on getting registered: https://dacc.nmsu.edu/admissions/apply/
- Visit DACC’s Financial Aid Office to see if they can help: https://dacc.nmsu.edu/fa/
- Are your students thinking about pursuing a degree at NMSU? Here’s a great place to learn more: Https://admissions.nmsu.edu/academics/
To explore the Career Pathways for each of our county’s target industries, click here.